Sunday, April 10, 2011

Effect Pedal Review – Guyatone Mighty Micro Torrid Fuzz (TZm5)

Happy New Year! I took the Guyatone Mighty Micro Fuzz for a spin over the holidays. I was mighty impressed! This has got to be the quietest fuzz pedal I have had the pleasure of playing. I do not know if they built in some type of gate (I couldn’t hear any gate delay) but even with my Rickenbacker it was passing hardly any noise. With humbuckers it was whisper quiet.

The Torrid Fuzz delivers up awseome fuzz tones. I was easily able to classic fuzz sounds from The Rolling Stones to the Kinks. However, this baby was not a one trick pony. Highly shapable, I was able to dial in some gnarly fuzz options that bring out your inner punk rocker! You can even shift the phase of the fuzz with a flick of a switch. This can make your fuzz sound really wild and generate unique harmonics in your tone.

One thing about this fuzz, as well as all of the Guyatone Mighty Micro Series is that they are all small footprint and very light. These are not pedal board hog. Although I am not a zealot for these things the pedals feature true bypass so if you are so inclined this is a major plus.

If fuzz is part of your tone stack, I highly recommend this pedal.

Jack

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very interesting post Coop! Thanks for sharing it! It is always a joy to learn something that I didn't know. Before I read this post, I wasn't aware that a Solar power plant manufacturers could be used in such a way, and now I am aware of this. I have you to thank for teaching me something new, and I appreciate it very much. :-)

Please read my post

Uninterruptible power supply manufacturers